Below is a summary of post interview processes.


You will be able to preference posts between the preference opening and closing dates (23 February to 18 March 2024). After the first iteration of offers are made, preferencing will reopen between offer iterations, in light of enhanced preferencing.

For full guidance on preferencing, please refer to to the Medical Specialty Recruitment pages.


In addition to being used for shortlisting, the Multi-Specialty Recruitment Assessment (MSRA) score will contribute to the final selection centre score in order to determine appointability and interview ranking for the available Clinical Radiology/Interventional Radiology ST1 posts. The scores will be compromised of 20% total MSRA, 30% verified score and 50% interview score. 

Following interview and ranking, you will either be deemed as appointable or unappointable and will be informed of this via Oriel. 


Offers will be made to those successful applicants that have ‘matched’ to a post and will be based on the your ranking and preferences. Offers will be made via Oriel by Tuesday 26 March 2024.

Following initial offers being released, further offers will be made in subsequent iterations.

You have 48 hours from the time of offer (excluding weekends) to confirm via Oriel whether you wish to accept, reject or hold your offer. Offers made after the hold deadline will only have the option to accept or reject.


References will only be requested when an offer has been accepted. Please note that late references will need to be sent directly to the trust.

Scoresheet release

Scoresheets will be released to all applicants on a specified date and so you do not need to request your scoresheets after interview.


Once you have accepted a Clinical Radiology post, your information will be passed to their relevant region who will contact you directly to complete the allocation process.


Further information on how to request a deferred start date or training Less Than Full Time (LTFT) can be found on the Medical Specialty Recruitment pages.

Next steps/roles and responsibilities

Your details will be passed on to the local training programme director around 14 weeks prior to your start date and to the first trust you have been appointed to 12 weeks prior to your start date. Therefore, you should not expect to receive any communication prior to this time.

Page last reviewed: 26 October 2023
Next review due: 26 October 2024