2023 Core Surgical Training Self-Assessment Portfolio Pro-Forma
Follow the format below to submit your application and supporting evidence.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained on this page. The information presented is accurate at the time of publication.
All documents should be uploaded as 1 continuous document on the self-assessment portal.
Files should be saved which the following format in the file name
- oriel pin, surname, first name, date of interview
Organisation of document
Your documents should be standardised to help the panel understand and read your porfolio. The portfolio should be organised in the following order
- Index page
- Application form
- Domain 1 Commitment to specialty
- Domain 2 Quality improvement/audit
- Domain 3 Prizes and Research
- Domain 4 Teaching Experience / Training Qualifications
In the index/contents page, it is advised that you outline how much evidence is used. Please note that any evidence outside of the stated limit for each domain will not be reviewed.
Sample index/contents page
- Oriel Pin
- Date of interview booked
|Domains||Page numbers||Number of pieces of evidence submitted||Score on the portal for domains|
|Application form / SA evidence||2 - 3|
Commitment to specialty
Prizes and research
Teaching experience/training qualifications
I confirm all the evidence uploaded is my property and I have appropriately scored myself for each domain. I confirm that I have uploaded all the evidence required that is used as evidence in my portfolio station and I understand that if I uploaded additional evidence the panel will disregard anything after this. No additional evidence can be uploaded after the deadline has passed.
- Index/coversheet that we would provide
- Oriel Application form-employment history and self-assessment pages would be first.
- Domain 1 – Please refer to the 2023 Self-Assessment scoring guidance of what evidence to upload for this domain.
- Domain 2 – Please refer to the 2023 Self-Assessment scoring guidance of what evidence to upload for this domain.
- Domain 3 – Please refer to the 2023 Self-Assessment scoring guidance of what evidence to upload for this domain.
- Domain 4 – Please refer tothe 2023 Self-Assessment scoring guidance of what evidence to upload for this domain.
Please insert these coversheets between each domain so the assessors know where the section ends, and the next section begins for each domain.
Patient Identifiable Data (PID)
You must not upload evidence which identifies patients. Hospital numbers are also an example of patient identifiable data. There is no requirement to upload any evidence with potential patient identifiable data.
If patient identifiable data is found in your evidence, you may be reported to the General Medical Council (GMC) and further action may be taken.
For more information on PID, please refer to the GMC’s confidentiality guidance pages.