Published on 19 October 2022
The MDRS Programme Board have approved the following changes to recruitment process for 2023 specialty recruitment:
- Removal of intercalated degrees from person specifications and scoring criteria – learning and skills obtained during the period of intercalation can still be scored e.g. research skills, publications etc.
- Removal of named courses from scoring criteria.
- Change of attainment date for membership examinations to the offers deadline in each recruitment round for all ST3 and ST4 specialties.
- Core Surgical Training to use the Multi Specialty Recruitment Assessment for shortlisting and 10% of final selection score.
- ACCS Emergency Medicine and Defined Route of Entry Emergency Medicine (DREEM) to be advertised and interviewed as separate vacancies.